MS Fellows Encouraged! Large Degree of Resources, High Productivity-Midwest MS Treatment and Research Practice!
BJC Medical Group invites board certified/board eligible Neuroimmunologists for consideration for our new position with our MS Center for Innovations in Care.
The MS Center for Innovations in Care was established in 2008. At the time there were roughly 650 patients in the practice. Since inception and throughout years of innovation and providing quality patient care, the practice has successfully grown to over 4,000 patients and stands today as one of the largest, most comprehensive practices in the Midwest. Today The MS Center for Innovations in Care is considered a true regional referral center with strong market share and is well known both throughout the region and nationally. Patients often drive in for treatment from states such as Kansas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana and some even fly in for treatments who live outside of the Midwest.
More on MS Living Well:
One of the largest, comprehensive multiple sclerosis centers in the Midwest focused on helping people living with MS. The center located in St. Louis offers a spectrum of services including MS-certified nursing support, MS-focused physical and occupational therapy, MS-specific infusion center and clinical trial options. For most MS patients, we provide ongoing neurological care. However, we also perform multiple sclerosis consultations for other neurologists and patient-initiated second opinions. The MS Center for Innovations in Care is part of the BJC Medical Group and a designated National Multiple Sclerosis Society Affiliated Center for Comprehensive Care. Find our website at www.mslivingwell.org.
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a BJC Healthcare affiliated Hospital. BJC Healthcare is one of the leading health systems in the nation, with Missouri Baptist Medical Center being one of the premiere facilities in the health system. Located in the beautiful, safe, and highly sought after West St. Louis County, Missouri Baptist is a magnet institution that has consistently been ranked among the best institutions in the region. In addition to the regional rankings, Missouri Baptist is also rated “high-performing" in eight of the common procedures and conditions assessed by U.S. News: aortic valve surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), colon cancer surgery, heart failure, heart bypass surgery, hip replacement, knee replacement, and lung cancer surgery. BJC Healthcare has a strong reputation for community support and Missouri Baptist is truly a great representation of the greater BJC mission, "The world’s best medicine, made better."
- Established group of 16 staff members
- Equipped with a mix of support staff, 3 physician's, 2 nurses, and 1 NP
- 11 exam rooms; including 3 high/low tables and a six chair infusion center
- VDI workstations in all exam rooms
- Medical Assistants are trained to complete cognitive assessments conducted on MS patients
- Dedicated physician work room
- Very active practice for clinical trials phases one to three including 6 remeyelination trials to date
- The center has performed pivotal trials leading to 7 current FDA-approved new treatments for multiple sclerosis
- Active research involvement in myelin repair studies
- Remote charting flexibility
- Epic EMR
- Office hours are typically 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
- Average of 12-14 patients
- Call is 1:7
- Consults per day can range from only 2-3 per day to a maximum of usually 8
- Washington University Stroke Service does provide primary tele-stroke call coverage and makes all tPA decisions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (2 year guarantee)
- $100,000 student loan assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Quality and efficiency bonus
- CME Allowance
- Retirement vehicles: 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance
- Residency stipend option
- Health, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, AD&D, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
About Saint Louis:
- St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation
|Location||Town and Country, MO|
|Recruiter Name||Courtney Becker|
|Recruiter Phone Number||(314) 915-4880|
|Recruiter Email||[email protected]|